Followers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

MoP - Day One

 All the people waiting for the bugged quest to get fixed




I logged on to Mists of Pandaria today after dealing with a finicky downloader off and on for the last few days.  I was able to create a character I was happy with, and logged in.  The first thing I was greeted with was literal planes of pink.  The hottest pink you can imagine in vertical and horizontal planes to the point where you couldn't see very much at all.  After asking in /s, I was told to turn the graphics from High to Good.  That fixed it just fine.

I was greeted by a typical dojo-esque area, full of pandas, punching bags and Asian architecture - similar to the starting area of Wakfu, for those of you who have played it.  The first quest was to talk to Master Something-China-y.  He sent me to pick up some gloves and beat up punching bags.  I did and returned and was given a belt.  Then I was sent to beat up six trainees.  Though slightly harder than inanimate objects, I managed to prevail.

Then I was sent to 'Fetch a scroll of eternal flame from the masters hand' (or something like that).  I followed the endless waves of pandas up the stairs in the temple until I reached a little balcony with about four dozen pandas just standing around.  After asking, I got the unanimous response of 'the quest is bugged, it won't spawn.  They'll patch it.'

My monk training ended what seemed like before it began.
Maybe Monday will bring forth a patch (oh wait - then I have to deal with the patcher) to remedy this.

16 comments:

  1. looks like they are really out of original ideas if they have to make game about kung fu pandas

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha wow, sounds like you should find a more reliable game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is this Kung Fu Panda now? From the description, it does look like it, but great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn, I havent played wow for like 1year now, and reading this blog makes me wanna come back to the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha thats a lot of people, did panda's come out yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is the beta that they gave access to everyone who ordered a year of WoW.
      The beta came out about two or so weeks ago I believe.

      Delete
    2. Any news on news on a release date?

      Delete
    3. Most likely late this year, October on, based on the amount of things they haven't released yet.

      Delete
  6. Not pictured - when pandas (male, at least) lay down, they plank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the bugs, hope they are getting that fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete